Friday, December 30, 2016

Stitching, Christmas, and everyday life

I'm Christmas 2016 has come and gone!  Blogging everyday in December has come and gone, and didn't happen here on my blog.  Everyday life was happening in December, and I was enjoying the season.   I made these.


A Sports Fan "Aprons"

I embroidered 6 of these for my friend Terri over at http://quiltsfromtheheart.blogspot.com she made pillows for a friend out of her mothers wedding dress.  I embroidered the words with 60 weight thread in champagne color (tone on tone), they turned out nice, I think.

Six 8X8 squares embroidered on a Wedding Dress

I embroidered on these two store bought stockings.  I had to embroider the names on organza ribbon and then stitched the organza onto the stockings.  I wasn't unstitching store bought stockings that wouldn't fit in the embroidery hoop.  Maybe next year I can make them stockings, though I kinda like these just the way they are.  

Embroidered names on store bought stockings

We bought our Christmas Tree the weekend before Christmas.  It was raining, so we set the tree up in the tree stand, and left it out in the garage to dry.  And then I got a cold/flu bug the Tuesday/Wednesday before Christmas.  Decorating the tree took all day, but finally I finished.  Happy it was finished, couldn't wait...

Christmas Tree 2016
Today, New Years Eve, eve, our two favorite boy's have been here for a few days.  Sewing is on hold until the first of 2017.  Happy New Year, happy piecing, happy sewing.

Sheila












No comments:

Popular Posts