Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sewing Orphan Blocks...

In an attempt to help my guild out, I decided to take home some "orphan blocks" that were brought to my quilt guilds meeting last Wednesday.  Trying to challenage myself to get outside of my comfort zone , and do more for my guild.  These are the blocks on the design floor at the meeting.

Elfrieda and I put these together on this design floor.
Loved the pink & purple, sampler in my future.  Now I'm not so sure. That center medallion is so "stretchy", and I am trying to get added on sashing's to relieve some of that.  All the while crossing my fingers that it will work.  Who ever ends up quilting this does not want all that "ripple" to try to quilt.  

Deciding that the 12 1/2 inch blocks could go as corner squares, (thank you Cappy) I came home and put these on my design wall.

Before any sewing
So, some sewing has been done, and hopefully I can get it together.  I have some orphan blocks of my own that I think might help out too.  So let the sewing help me to make a beautiful quilt top for October Quilt Bingo.

Hope to have some progress pictures later this week.  In the mean time, Happy Piecing.

Sheila







No comments:

Popular Posts