Sunday, January 28, 2018

First finish of 2018

Wow, I'm doing a happy dance here!  January 2018's first finish is here, and I'm feeling pretty good about it.  Panel pieced, quilted, binding on and labeled, and to top it off delivered to dear Mother-in-Law.
Hydrangea panel 
The pattern I used is Message board.  I bought the pattern from Spring Water Designs on shop small Saturday.  https://www.springwaterdesigns.com

Message Board pattern 

Back of the quilt
The label was from this book that I bought a couple years or more from Joann Fabric.  The book has a lot of labels.  Labels to trace and iron on.  My label was iron on and I embroidered the for, from and date.  I used fabric markers to color the rose, and leaves, and made the writing A Mother's love is the heart of the family a little darker.
Book of labels

Sewing the label on the back


Ms. Jackson with her quilt

I also embroidered her pink hat with her name (last year).  She looks so cute, and is the heart of our family.

This is my first blog in 2018 (Happy New Year!), and my first quilt finish of 2018.  Hopefully there will be more finishes this year.  I did make a list (joining All People Quilt's 2018 UFO challenge http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/how-to-quilt/finishing/2018-ufo-challenge) of 12 UFO's that I am going to really, really try to finish that list this year.  Wish me luck.

Until next time, happy piecing, happy sewing,

Sheila




4 comments:

Mary kinsella said...

Beautiful...I hope to get as good as you...someday lol

Ann Bailey said...

That's gorgeous, Sheila! She's a lucky lady!

Terri Tomoff said...

Beautiful!!

Mary said...

Beautiful, and such a clever pattern for panels. I have quite a few and never know how to finish them

Popular Posts