Saturday, October 28, 2017

Getting back into it.

Sometimes that’s easier said than done.  Since I’ve been home from the beach I haven't been able to get much done even though all of my sewing accoutrements are back in their assigned places in my sewing room.  There's a new little baby Grandson in my life, and the two older Grandson's came and stayed last weekend with Nan and Pop, and we went to the Air and Space Museum.  (was that just last weekend?)

Commissary Shopping
But before we went to pick up the boy's there was grocery shopping to do.  I got a kick out of these little Army, Navy sugar pumpkins.  Thanksgiving cooking is quickly approaching, but these weren't coming home with me this trip.

The weather was beautiful last weekend, and after a long day down in DC with lots of walking, eating lunch on the lawn in front of the Washington Monument, Ice Cream, and a ride on the Carousel.  We headed home on the subway, and ate Hot Dogs and Mac n Cheese out on the patio with a few games of Uno after dinner.  And let me just tell you, it was big time fun around here!

The Washington Monument I didn't take this picture, but that's pretty much how last weekend looked.  Blue sky's and 80 degree's!
Wine and Fire

But after all that fun and those adorable boy's were safely dropped home with their daddy (mommy works the night shift) a little sewing and embroidery happened.   

Onesie Embroidery
Someone forgot his travel pillow, ta da! Name added.

Sand and Waves is coming along
20 blocks from one jelly roll or 4 rows by 5 rows.  I want this to be 6 rows by 7 rows or 42 blocks.  This second jelly roll will make another 20 blocks, I'll need two more blocks when all is said and done.  I decided the next 20 blocks will be my new leader/ender project. Because I bought a really pretty panel on the way home from the beach (at Serendipity Quilt Shop) that I want to make for my Mother in Law who is currently living at a Rehab center.  I'll post a picture of the panel in the next post.  Until then,

Happy piecing, happy sewing,

Sheila




No comments:

Popular Posts