Thursday, October 12, 2017

One is a lonely number

I never really thought about that statement until I lived it for four days on vacation by myself.  Don't get me wrong, anytime at the beach for me is a good thing.  But when my man can't come, normally one of my adult children can join me for at least the weekend. Life seems to have gotten in the way this year.  And so I was the one.

Dinner at Captain Mac's Fish House Friday night was the third or fourth restaurant I stopped at.  The Cruiser's were also in town this week 40 in Ocean City, (which is NOT a problem for me) but every restaurant was packed.  This place is just over the Delaware line on route 54 just outside Ocean City.  I was starving by the time I got there, and they served me the best crab cake sandwich and "golden french fries" I have eaten in a long time.

Captain Mac's Fish House
While driving up and down Coastal Highway (with the top down, of course) it was 71 degrees after all.  People were lined up and down along the street,  sitting in their lawn chairs watching the "parade" of beautiful cars drive by.  Normally I take pictures of the cruises, but normally I'm not the one driving either. Ha! "One is a lonely number" after all.  "Hey Miata", "I like your car", are a couple of the compliments I received during my drive up and down Costal Highway.  This Miata has been my "Cruiser" since 2006, and since I was driving alone to Ocean City this week,  I was driving my Miata.  She is after all, my cruiser.

Hey Miata!
Moon Shine on the ocean "Hon"
Beautiful weather, and lots of walks on the beach.  

People were swimming!
But then there was sewing too.

First finished block
I even got some sewing done.

Before mitered corners.
I tried to take a picture of this wall hanging on the beach, but can you say "wind"?  Not such an easy task.  Another example of  "One is a lonely number"?

Wall hanging for my bedroom.

Lunch at Fin's in Berlin, MD
I followed my friend for lunch to  Fins in Berlin, MD.  And another delicious meal was had.  Roasted Beet Salad was my choice, and it was a good choice.  Need I say more?  Yum.  (Yes, I needed to say more).

Joyce and I
We talked, and talked, and caught up.  https://www.facebook.com/japiatti Joyce is an Avon dealer, and she and I have known each other for over 10 years,  Our husbands worked together in the US Army.

Sticks and Stones
My version of Sticks and Stones https://www.missouriquiltco.com I should call it  Sand and Waves.

Coffee before I go.

All this in there?

My Bernina was first inside.

Good by

Always have to stop here on the way home

Serendipity

Driver needs nourishment

Good food, good service
I'm not going to lie, there were three dinner rolls in that basket when the waitress put it down on my table.
Liver and Onions
And at the end, have to go pick up our Remy girl!  That's one happy dog in that truck.
I missed this girl


Lets go home!
And that's week 40 2017 over and in the memory book.

Happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila


.

No comments:

Popular Posts