Sunday, March 3, 2013

A party and a little sewing

So Friday March 1, 2013 was party time!  My mother in law celebrated her 80th Birthday.  "My Man" and his brothers, and sisters planned and executed an excellent party. So I did not sew, last minute running around was on the agenda, and no time for sewing.  But Saturday was a new day, and...


Balloons!
Double Delight 
On my design was right now is another of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt called Old Tabacco Road. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/old-tobacco-road-intro.html I think this one came out in November 2008, but I didn't start it until after Double Delight came out in November 2009. I guess I thought I was doing something making two Bonnie Hunter scrappy quilts in one year.  But now they are both UFO's hoping to become quilts sometime this year.  I decided to work on Tobacco Road frist because I like it the least of the two.  And really just want it gone. Cross your fingers!


Old Tobacco Road
So you might notice that I really didn't totaly understand the whole light/dark contrasting thing on Tobacco Road, it seems a bit mushy to me. It's been sitting around for such a long time, and when I took it out of the UFO box I knew why I didn't finish it.  I took it to retreat with me to unsew the black border I had originally put on it which I didin't like at all (and I sewed it on with a zig zag stitch!). What the heck was I thinking!  My plan is to add a green border, and then the flying geese borders and call it done. Double Delight also needs a pieced border, that my friends will "maybe" get worked on soon too.  I love Double Delight so these two can be my leader enders and hopefully get to be a quilt someday.  Concentrate, Concentrate!  

I did sew yesterday, quilting 2011 retreat mystery (almost finished), and quilting My Lazy Daisy Party Table Topper, but I pick that all out because it looked aweful.  

1 comment:

Misty said...

I like it! I hope you finish it up soon.

Popular Posts