Friday, April 1, 2022

Marched into and out of March!

I traveled down to North Carolina Sunday, February 27th to help out DD#1.  Here is my adorable grand-dog Mac. I stayed for a week, I wanted to stay longer, but I had a doctor's appointment scheduled on Tuesday March 8th.  

Cheers to March

It was a super fun week with my daughter, grandson's, and my sister who lives nearby. I had so many plans to blog, but life got in the way and I marched into and out of March!!!  So happy April everyone.  We went to Quilt Lizzy in Jacksonville.  

 
Quilt Lizzy

We went to this quilt shop on Friday, and bought lots of fabric. Who would have thought that would happen?! Haha!  DD bought fabric too, and when we got home we started cutting up said fabric and sewing pieces together until 1:00am.  We had such a good time laughing, cutting, sewing and just enjoying each other...  

I bought a couple panel's

We went to Wilmington on Saturday, came home at around 8:00pm and finished piecing DD's quilt top!  I'm not going to lie, I am so proud of this lady here!  The past two year's have been life changing for her and my grandson's, but she has alway's stayed strong, and take's anything that is thrown at her.  Love her to the moon, my Ray of Sunshine!!

DD's finished quilt top!



I made some Shamrock candy holder's for my grandson & his classmate's when I got home.


28 total made in time for St. Paddy's Day

Poor little guy was sick on St. Patrick's Day and stayed home Thursday and Friday.  Anyway I hope they enjoyed St. Patrick's Day on Monday...These Shamrocks are made in the hoop, and they are from SmartNeedle https://smartneedle.com I really enjoyed making them.
 
My sister bought me the pillow...Love it!

Close up of the Shamrock candy holder

I also made several label's for friend's and guild member's quilt's.  #putalabelonit 

#putalabelonit 

I had some finishes back in February that I wanted to blog about, but like I said life got in the way.  Maybe in April I can blog more.

Until next time, happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila aka Quilting Nan





No comments:

Popular Posts