Monday, February 4, 2013

Retreat Month!

February, the month of Love and Retreat is already here?  Where does the time go?  I've been spending time down in the dungeon (aka my sewing room), and at Joann Fabric trying to get myself ready for my Quilt Guilds Fall Retreat.  My Guild has it's annual Fall Retreat over Presidents' Day weekend, where 35 women bring our sewing machines, and sew, eat, laugh, sew, eat, laugh, and sleep once in a while.   This year we will arrive on Friday February 15th in the afternoon, and leave Monday, February 18th in the afternoon.  There are lots of activities planned, (Big Bag Lady Bag, Pincushion, and a Mystery Quilt to name a few) and this years theme is Tropical, and we are giving a tropical fabric to make blocks with. These blocks will be raffled off on Sunday.  I am copying my friend Mary over at Keep Me in Quilts http://keepmeinquilts.blogspot.com/2013/01/retreat-blocks.html and posting pictures of my Retreat Blocks.

Tropical Retreat Blocks 12 1/2 inch unfinished


I'm really looking forward to our "Tropical Retreat", and all the sewing, and fun with my fellow retreating friends.  So, happy February, and happy piecing.
Me. 



No comments:

Popular Posts