Sunday, December 2, 2012

Slow and Steady

Slow and steady will get the job done, at least that's what I tell myself.  I've made a lot of progress on Orca Bay, but I have the nerve to start working on Bonnie Hunters http://quiltville.blogspot.com Easy Street (link up to directions to Easy Street on the left sidebar) which is her current mystery that she reveals week by week.  I'm hoping to have picture's later this week.
Today I finished some embroidery for a co-workers of DD's.  I made patches with names on them instead of doing it directly on the jacket's.  I was worried that I might mess up the jacket's which I wasn't wanting to buy the co-worker new ones.

I embroidered the name's, U .S. Army & the Star were already on the jackets.
Patches were a new technique for me, but I really like how it turned out.


I made two of each name, followed the directions just as were told to me on youtube.


And with a woodburning iron cut the names out of the "patch kit material".  Which makes them iron ons!

I am looking forward to praticing up on this technique, it was so easy and turned out really nice.  
DD is going on a field trip with that cute Grandson of mine tomorrow (Monday), so she will take the the jackets to her co-worker on Tuesday.  I hope she like them.   

I finished all the "hunter stars" for Orca Bay.  I am hoping to have the top together this week, and I really want to get going on Easy Street!  

Until later, Happy piecing, and sewing.


No comments:

Popular Posts