Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas stitching update

Well I haven't blogged since Thursday 12/13, it's been kinda busy around here!  Christmas presents have been purchased, wrapped, and put under the purchased, and decorated Christmas tree.  Dear friends stockings have been embroidered, and sewn, and picked up by friend.  I finished all five stockings last Wednesday the 19th.  Boy let me tell you that was a real "monkey off my back".

Five stockings with names embroidered, and seven little jingle bells sewn on each top.

I have made similar stockings for my DSIL, and both grandsons too.  Though the youngest grandson's didn't have his name embroidered on his even though this is his third Christmas (poor little guy!)  So I put his made stocking in the hoop, and embroidered his name (way too small)!  So off to Joann's to get replacement fabric, and pick, pick, pick the top off the stocking, and sew a new embroidered top on baby boys stocking.

Ta Da! 6 stockings embroidered and 42 total little jingle bells sewn on tops!

I did work a little on Orca Bay pieced borders, maybe have 50 unites finished (half way there).  But no work at all on Easy Street.  That will have to wait till after Christmas.  Yesterday I wanted to try some just for fun embroidery, so I made some of these.


What fun!  These designs were freebies from http://www.embroiderygarden.com

I'm done with Christmas shopping and decorating, but plan on going out to the store (Macy's) tomorrow morning to pick up "anything that strikes my fancy". Then watching the boy's for a little while before DD gets home from work. Christmas is going to be here before we know it, and I'm ready!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy Piecing everyone.

No comments:

Popular Posts