Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend family time and sewing


Weekend family time was a trip down to the "Newseum"in Washington, DC.  And let me just say "Fun, fun, fun"  We meet up here at the house, took the Metro down to DC. The first picture is of Moni and the boys on the Metro, the second is little Jackson, he really enjoyed his first ride on the Metro.   At every stop his little feet just went in circles.  He wanted to get a movin! 

Here is the Capitol from the 6th floor of the Newseum, an awesome place for sure. The street below is Pennsylvania Ave, can you say Parade?
And then the center building is the Supreme  Court House where number one son works at.  
The 4D Theater is such fun.  I didn't want it to end,  watching Nicholas, watching the movie was a plus. He reached out for the bubbles just like I did.  He told me at the end that he was a little scared, but not too scared! He fell asleep on the Metro ride home but thank goodness for Pop, who carried him sleeping out to the car!  He stayed asleep on the way home.  (at least that's what Mommy told me.) Here is the last picture I took before going down to Metro for the journey home.  The sun was shining and we had a wonderful day.  
When I got home I wanted to get in a little sewing in before we headed to Brian Boru Irish Restaurant for some live music from a friend in a little duet group. Danielle Bizier Massarin's voice is hypnotic!  I did get some sewing in betweet home and Brian Boru Irish Restaurat and hoping to get more done tomorrow Sunday (which is really now as I write this blog).  I wanted to finish up step one of Orca Bay, but "life" got in the way and I'm Ok with that.  The weekend was a  blast and I wouldn't change it for "nothin"!!  Happy piecing to you all!

No comments:

Popular Posts