Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sewing it's what I do.

After this past summer of helping DD#1 taking care of Grandson's one and two (baby sitting is a a lost art).  Mother's today have it hard, finding good daycare providers for their little one's shouldn't be this hard. Back in the day, I had the luxury of staying home with my babies until they were in school, and my husband was in the Army, and we lived in Military Housing which was a big relief for us, and afforded me the luxury of having options.  Staying home and taking care of my children until they were all in school was a (luxury).  And I am thankful for my man and all we have accomplished.
Today's families do not have many choices, and I'm thankful that I  am a younger Nan, aka Grandma to some.  Helping my children raise their little one's is something I cherish, and am forever thankful for.
So now I can step down from my soap box...And look what this Nan can do?

Tonight I started a romper for Grandson #3
All cut out, and ready to start sewing.  I need to apply snaps to the shoulder straps, and this little cutie will be ready to wear.  The retro lions are so cute!  And who couldn't fall in love with a pre printed baby book?  Sewing does the heart good.

Romper and fabric book
A very productive evening.  Here's to sewing after a long day.  

Happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts