Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Second Station Cover

A different kind of sewing for me today.  I'm creating a cover for the "Second Station" of my Son In Laws fishing boat.  I'm using waterproof fabric, (and waterproof thread, and a larger needle than a quilting needle) but my test pattern is just open weave cotton fabric that my other Son in Law gave me years ago.  Finally finding a use for it.  I will also make a bench cover out of the waterproof fabric. I'm enjoying the creative process.


The steering wheel measures 17 inches with half an inch seam allowances.  But after sewing all the prices together I'll need to make the wheel pattern 18 inches.  


This part goes over the wheel and down over the throttlle, and will have to be shortened.  


Here it is, after a few minor changes I think it will be a perfect fit.  But I'm really happy with my first prototype, and dear Son in Law is really happy about it too, and is telling all his boating buddies about his talent mother in law! And since he sent them all this picture they all want to place orders too!  This could be the start of something big.  I will be sure to post a picture of the finished cover in the  waterproof fabric.  Until then, happy piecing, happy sewing,

Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts