Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Irons in the fire

Small bits of sewing, that's all I seem to do lately.  I've got lots of of irons in the fire, and I like it, but... I've been thinking I really should try to finish a quilt or embroidery project before I start any new one's.  Here is a small list of some of my bits.
1. The Splendid Sampler, Jane Davidson and Pat Slone's year long quilt along. http://www.thesplendidsampler.com I really enjoy making these small blocks. This is 3 of block #1, and one each of blocks 2, 3, and 5, and two of block 4.  I'm only using scraps since these finish at 6 inches.
Blocks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2. River Rock BOM I wasn't going to make this quilt, but... Working at a Quilt Shop makes it very hard to resist.  What's not to love about batiks, right?  


Month 1, B Block

Month 1, A Block & Spacer


3. The Green is always Greener, borders(aka Jacobs Ladder) for Erika and Kurt.  I had a different border in mind, but it wasn't coming out the way I planned it.  So I just decided to do piano keys, here is one side finished.  I like this much better,  I think this will be a quilt sometime soon.  



And then of course there is the embroidery machine.  I like it when I can have something stitching out while I'm down there sewing on the sewing machine.  I feel productive even though I haven't a finished project to show here on the blog.  (sigh)
Design Wall 
The Christmas Birds are from Embroidery Library that I bought back before Christmas because they were only $1.00 each.  How could I pass that up?  Someday I hope to make them into a wall hanging.  
But for now it's getting late and this working girl has to get up in the morning.  

Until next time.  Happy piecing, happy sewing,

Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts