Monday, February 15, 2016

Poison Bottle #5

The Poison Bottle Block of the Month is the brain child of Misty Cole, over at Pick your Brain Designs.  http://www.mistycole.com/block-of-the-month/ She's a very talented quilter, and she is a friend, and fellow member of the quilt guild that I belong to The Southern Comforter's of Bowie.  Misty designed this Poison Bottle Quilt.

Poison Bottles and Valentine's
These blocks of the month are being offered for free for two months after they are released each month, and after the free two months they can be purchased directly from her site.  So this month I am making my version of Block #5 here on my blog.   It was fun, and a little challanging for me, since I mostly make peiced quilts.  But I did recently purchase a Scan N Cut to make cutting appliqué pieces for in the hoop embroidery on my embroidery machine (go figure?).  During the Blizzard of 2016 I took myself down to my sewing dungeon, and scanned the images into my Scan N Cut. Then cut them out with that handy dandy machine.

Wasp Waist Bottle
According to the history provided with the pattern the wasp waist was a rare find for collectors, and came in several sizes. And the original Neuraline bottle was tiny 1/2" deep x 1 3/8" tall.

Neuraline Bottle
After I cut them out I put them in the embroidery hoop, and embroidered Poison on both bottles, Neuraline on the green bottle, and some triangles on the blue Wasp Waist.  A little embroidery never hurts.

LED screen of my embroidery machine.

Added some beading
So here is my finished block #5, if you are intrested in learning more about Poison Bottles head over to http://www.mistycole.com Misty also has a flicker site where you can see all the other blocks. https://www.flickr.com/photos/136262832@N05/ 

Block #5 finished
Block #1

While looking through my fabrics for bottles I car across this shiny fabric, and knew I had to make more blocks.

 I enjoyed the process, and Misty's General directions are very clear and helpful.  I intend on trying some painting on my block #1.  Thank you Misty, I'm having fun during our snow days working on some poison.

Happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila

1 comment:

Misty said...

Thank you for participating!! I love your embroidered version!

Popular Posts