Thursday, February 16, 2017

Raffle Quilt

Here we go!  Spending time with a friend, co-worker, and fellow quilt guild member Rosa to sell raffle tickets.  We headed out at 9:30am to Village Quilters of Catonsville.  http://villagequiltersmd.com

Southern Comforters of Bowie Raffle Quilt 2017
Village Quilters of Catonsville were having member "yard sales".  Members had sewing notions, threads, fabrics, books, and other goodies.  Much control was in need for me, (blinders, please) after all, I work at a quilt shop, and I have a lot of UFO's (unfinished Objects) in my sewing room.  I'm trying to control myself, and move fabric out instead of into my sewing room!

My yard sale purchases
I did buy these two books, happy, happy dance going on here!

After selling tickets for a couple of hours, we headed to Columbia, for lunch at Jimmy Johns, and Spring Water Designs Quilt shop. Because, after all that control, I'm collecting batiks for a quilt I want to make!  (I know! LOL!)  http://www.springwaterdesigns.com/#carousel-1567190

My batiks
This is what I have so far, (purchased at the shop I work at, and Spring Water Designs)  I still need about 12-15 more pieces.  Most of these, and the one's I still need are small cuts.  Less than a yard, or a fat quarter or a fat eighth.  I will have more on this project at a later date.

Until then, happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts