Sunday, February 12, 2017

A new project and a new technique

Crosswalk Placemats and Tablerunner pattern by Laurie Shifrin Designs is my current quilt project.  Smaller is what I'm thinking so I can add some finishes to my list. I also like the technique of sewing 2 1/2in strips together, and then cutting the piece up and rearranging the pieces for a whole new look.

Tabler runner 

So here is what I have so far.  I'm not totally feeling it.  Mine don't seem as random, maybe I should have turned the pieced strips around?  Oh well, I have eight placemats with one sewn together, and seven down on my design "floor" waiting for me to sew them together.  Practice makes perfect.  One can only hope...

Happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila


1 comment:

Jane said...

I LIKE it! Beautiful colors, too.

Popular Posts