Friday, May 2, 2014

Proud of me & my youngest Daughter

Welcome May, and yesterday May 1st was the final day of My Lazy Daisy's http://www.mylazydaisy.net/SHEILA164/ Game Day Challenge, and I submitted my entry before the 11:59pm cutoff.  Yeah!  The ever procrastinator in me got started cutting the fabric for my challenge quilt on Tuesday, April 29th.  I found the "perfect pattern" on Fiday,  April 25th, at http://www.shannonfabrics.com under the free patterns tab, and it is called Menagerie. But couldn't start working on my quilt because I had my adorable Grandson's for the weekend, and my youngest Daughter was running in the DC Nike Women's Half Marathon, then off to work on Monday so no sewing until Tuesday.  Rain, (and a lot of it) and two day's off gave me the time to sit and sew, and vacuum, and sew.  Vacuum you ask, minky is the most messy, soft, cuddly, slippery fabric.  So after every cut of the minky I had to run the vacuum to clean up all the fuzzes.  Most of the time I felt like I was never going to finish before the deadline because along with vacuuming I was pinning, pinning, pinning.  That minky is so slippery!

Pinning is a must
The challenge was to use all minky fabric in the project.
Game Day Challenge Fabrics (all Minky)


By Wednesday morning this is where I was:
Still a long way to go.
But by 10:00pm I had the finished quilting the sandwich, (front and back are minky) and had the binding cut, and sewn ready to sew onto the quilt, but I was so tired so I watched a little TV, and went to bed.  Fast forward to 1:00am Thursday morning, and I'm wide awake, and returning to the basement for binding sewing, and a lot more pinning.  Did I mention that Minky is slippery?  Well to make a long story short...
Finished!
Back of the Quilt.

So in closing, I'm proud of me, and I just wanted to give a shout out to my Beautiful Daughter so proud of her for completing a half marathon, and being an inspration to me, her Proud Mom.

After the 13.1 Nike Women's Half Marathon.
Happy May, and Happy Piecing,

Sheila

http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com I added a link to Crazy Mom Quilts and her finish up Friday.

1 comment:

Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) said...

Awesome quilt!! I haven't tried minky yet, but it's on my "to-do" list :) Congrats to your daughter too!!

~ Jess ~
Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

Popular Posts