Sunday, January 5, 2014

Variety is the spice of quilting!

Well hello, and Happy New Year, and welcome new hope's of finishing last years projects, and starting new projects.
Simply a Pleasure by Nicole Chambers
Table runner and 6 place mats (only four shown) for my DD & her fiance'.  Unfinished Christmas present #1, place mats need bindings, but since this picture was taken I have two with bindings on.  Woot!
Close up of quilting
And who in the state of Maryland doesn't love a table runner and place mats with crabs on it!

Bread and Butter Table Runner
My Lazy Daisy pattern SKU #50023-C complete kit.  Table runner for my Mother in Law.  Unfinished Christmas present #2, quilting, and binding need to be finished.
What's Cooking My Lazy Daisy Challenge
Now that the Christmas present's have been revealed I can start to work on the What's Cooking Challenge, and making 4 patch Green/Light leader and ender units for my guilds upcoming swap at the Wedensday, January 8th meeting.  I have 50 four patch units finished, and don't go back to work until Wednesday the 8th.  The pattern for this swap calls for 80 four patch units for a 60 x 60 quilt.  I think I will make it a little bigger so will try to make 100 four patch units (halfway there!).  But will be swapping the 50 units I have finished.  As a fellow quilter/blogger http://keepmeinquilts.blogspot.com Mary says, "Variety is the spice of quilting".

Guild Swap 4 patch units
Wishing all my readers a Happy and prosperous New Year, and happy piecing.

Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts