Monday, January 27, 2014

Spinning my rotary cutter wheel

I'm working on a few projects.  One with a deadline, the other's just for fun.  "What's Cooking" is My Lazy Daisy's currant challenge, and the deadline is a picture of completed quilt (quilted and bond) to My Lazy Daisy office by this Friday, January 31st.  So I will be quilting like mad this week!
Challenge Fabric's
Second, my guild is doing a swap so the half square triangles are my leader/ender project.

Squaring up HS to 4.5 inches
Third, Pat Sloan has a new "Globetrotting" block of the month on Facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/QuiltWithPatSloan/ Block 1 is Washington DC, and because I live in the DMV area I thought I shoud quilt along with Pat.

Washington DC Block #1
Washington DC Block #2
Block #1 still needs a border around it, but I'm just not feeling it.  There isn't enough contrast between the purple's.  So last night I cut out new square's, and I'm hoping to get down to sew it together later today.  Hopefully that one will be better.

Fourth, my guild is making 37 quilts for soon to be returning single soldiers from Afganistan, and I pulled this out of my UFO's.  Maybe another border because it's only 49.5 x 58 inches right now, and I think it needs to be a little bigger.   I'll gladly donate it if the guild still needs it by March.

Soldiers Quilt 49.5 x 58 inches 
So I'll be spinning my rotary cutter wheel for a much needed border for this one, and I'll be happily piecing/quilting down in my sewing room instead of braving the bitter cold outside my front door.

Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts