Sunday, September 22, 2013

28 Hours of Retreating Fun

Quilting fun, retreating with fellow Bee Members, we are The Greatful Threads.  Live, Laugh, Love, Quilt!
Retreat Center 
Friday afternoon check in, set up, sew...West River is a beautiful retreat center where me and my fellow quilt Bee gathered to sew, and enjoy each other's company. Two night's and three days of sewing fun.  (I left Saturday night so I could go to the Redskins football game with my family on Sunday).

Morning walk around the West River neighborhood
Morning Walk with Grateful Threads
After our walk we all got to work.  Lots of finished quilt tops pieced, and even a baby quilt with fleece backing finished.
A future Braves Fan
I was able to finish piecing the Lively and Quick Table Runner, and the Webb Hill Ruffled Tea Towel.  These are items for My Lazy Daisy Trunk Show inventory.

Lively and Quick Table Runner
Blanket stitching needs to be added to the table runner before I can quilt it.  The machine I took to retreat doesn't have blanket stitch on it.

Webb Hill Ruffled Tea Towel
I also sewed the binding onto this bingo quilt.  Hand sewing it will be my TV watching activity until I hand it over to my quilt guild for the bingo being held Sunday Oct 20th.  

Bingo Quilt
This picture doesn't do it justice.  Mary over at http://keepmeinquilts.blogspot.com
quilted it with leaves, and it is just beautiful.

Well it was a long fun weekend, and this quilter/blogger/football fan is good and tired.  So until next time, happy piecing.

Sheila

HTTR!  Even though they did not win today, I still love my team...


1 comment:

Jane said...

Beautiful work, Sheila.

Popular Posts