Friday, October 8, 2021

What I did on vacation in October


So before we got on the road to the beach I went to Giant and got my 3rd COVID-19 shot.  Happy to have that last step of protection.  Then week 40 here we come!

After unpacking, we went out for Pizza and a nice glass of Chianti. Albertino's is a favorite of ours.  

 
Late evening yummy dinner

My third vaccine took me out for the whole first day of vacation.  I woke up at 3:00am with aches and joint pain, and I felt hot though I didn't have a thermometer to take my temperature.  So in other words, no sewing got done on Saturday.  
Sunday brought a 3.75 mike walk, feeling much better, and ready for the week ahead.  

A little bit of mending

My Grandson's elastic broke on the truck face mask's I made for him.  I repaired them with the Gypsy Quilter drawstring mask elastic.  They are great, comfortable, and adjustable.   https://www.gypsyquilter.com

Good as new!

Sunday's around our house include football, and that doesn't change when we are at the beach. 

Beach, Binding, Football

At work we are doing a Tiny Nine swap. I was a couple month's behind, but I'm happy to report that I'm all caught up, and working on getting ahead.  I did ask my fellow swapper's if we can put the swap off until after the holiday's since I have several things in the works.    

Tiny Nines
This baby quilt was only a top until Thursday 9/23/21 when I quilted it at Spring Water Designs Quilt Shop.  It has been a UFO in my stash since maybe 2012?  Working at Spring Water Designs and the pandemic has gotten me moving these UFO's out of my basement, and that's a good thing.  
Baby Quilt for SCQG    





This reading pillow is #3 of 5 that I am making for a friend who's husband passed away this year.  He had 5 grandchildren so these pillow's are made out of his clothing, and on the front book pocket I embroidered "Paw, In my heart is where your story lives."  I did the embroidery before we left for vacation.  I will finish the other 2 pillow's when I get home.
  
Reading Pillow #3

Long walk's, reading, dining out or cooking in also happen on vacation.  On Monday I didn't take one picture.  We did walk our walk up Wight RD. in Maryland, and Bunting in Delaware and back to our condo for a total 3.75 mile walk. 

Baby Seagulls at Assateague Island
Tuesday took us to Assateague Island to see the ponies, but the ponies must have had other idea's about that.  We only saw one after our one mile walk on the beach. Thunder booms had us checking My Radar App and confirmed the impending weather headed toward us.  We only ended up getting a little rain, and did see one pony on our way out of Assateague.


These baby seagulls were so cute hunting for food, and all took flight at the same time!  They made me happy.

Storms heading our way
Pony of Assateague    





Thursday morning and where did the time go?  Vacation goes by way too fast.  
Thursday morning sunrise

It's going to be a beautiful day

My man has some business calls today so it's a solo walk for me.  

3 Mile Solo Walk on the beach

It has been a wonderful week 40, I finished some things, and have some rough layouts for the T-Shirt quilt's I'm making for a friend.  

Sewing at the beach is always a good thing


Until next time, happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila (AKA Quilting Nan)


No comments:

Popular Posts