Saturday, April 20, 2019

My first project with my new computer

So an old friend who has turned into a good embroidery customer called me on Tuesday, April 16th to ask me if I could embroider a blanket for an upcoming bridal shower on Saturday.  I of course said yes... Even though this Sunday is Easter, and my family is coming in town for a long weekend of family fun.  (No doesn't seem to be in my vocabulary.) Anyway, fast forward to Thursday evening shortly before the family is scheduled to arrive at my house.  Said blanket is in the hoop finishing stitching, and on the last line of stitching when I suddenly realized that I had misspelled a word!  OH NO!  Stop, stop, how can that be?  My embroidery software doesn't have spell check!  WHY?   Anyway, I didn't take a picture of the misspelled word.  Can you say "very upset"?  Out to Walmart, where I thought my friend bought the blanket.  No Walmart wasn't the store!  So now I have to call my friend to tell her about the mess I've made of her gift!   Then I find out where she bought the blanket, Home Goods, and they are open until 9:30 PM, and it's now 8:45 when I left Walmart.  I made it to Home Goods with time to spare but sadly they didn't have anymore of the blanket's I was looking for.  So after texting pictures to Denise we came up with one that she likes a little.  Not the original she had chosen.  On the drive home, I was really having guilt and anger for the mess I had made. So when I got home I went right to work and picked out part of the miss spelled word (I never took the blanket out of the hoop).  So drum roll please...

Embroidered Blanket

Embroidered Blanket
I think it turned out ok.  Sew until next time, happy sewing, happy piecing,
Sheila



No comments:

Popular Posts