Monday, October 29, 2018

A funny thing happened on our way home from the beach

We stopped at Serendipity Quilt Shop, and I made a purchase.

A panel and 3 yards of fabric and a table runner book

What's so funny about that you might ask?  I don't normally make New Years Resolution's, but at the beginning of 2018 I made one to not buy any fabric this year,  and only use from my stash.  The funny thing is this isn't my first fabric purchase of 2018!  Hahaha





Then I bought these lovely fall fabric's at JoAnn Fabrics to make a 10 minute table runner for DD2's Mother In Law who's birthday was this month.  Her favorite color is Green. They are one and a half yard cuts 6 yards total.  Did I need 6 yards?  No, I only needed a half yard cut, and a 9 inch width of fabric to make the 10 minute table runner.  Shaking my head!

Fall fabric's for a 10 minute table runner
Then I went to my local quilt shop to get more of this lovely fabric.  The tan background fabric was an impulse purchase.  I'm thinking to make matching placemats with the tan background, and a cover for the food processor to match the mixer cover that I made (read about it here.)  Both pieces are 2 yard cuts for a total of 4 yards.  So in the month of October I have purchased 13 yards and 1 panel.  Shaking my head...

So now I have to cover the Food Processor

Get it together Sheila!  Happy piecing, happy sewing,
Sheila

1 comment:

Sharon said...

It is certainly obvious that you need to be put on the "no buy" list.
At least you had a specific use in mind for some of it. Everyone knows you can not have too much fabric.

Popular Posts