Thursday, September 17, 2015

And the Beat goes on...

Well, here it is September 17th, and my first blog post of the month.  I've been on a bit of a roller coaster ride.  The wedding that we have been planning for almost two years is now down in the history books.
My Beautiful Baby and her Man
A beautiful day spent with family and friends.  The weather couldn't have been better, and the day was joyful, and every piece of the puzzle fell into place, seamlessly.  There was laughter, and tears, and wishes for a happily ever after.   Their future is bright.
Three days before I received a text from daughter #1 telling me to call a hospital in New Port News, VA. something has happened to my brother.  Somehow the "crafty nurses" found daughter #1 on my brother's Facebook page...too much to go into here.  My older brother passed away on August 27th, two days before this joyous day.  The emotions are overwhelming, one moment so much happiness for the wedding, and all the fun of family and friends getting together to celebrate love and happiness.  And next so much sorrow, should have, would have's and could have's.
As usual life goes on, and quilting helps me make it through the days.

Happy sewing, Happy piecing,
Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts