Sunday, February 15, 2015

No Retreating

Friday 13, 2015:
Since January 2008 when I became a member of the Southern Comforters of Bowie Quilt Guild I have gone on their yearly retreat during President's Day Week-end.  This year I won't be retreating.  (Sad face)  My man has been working hard since the end of last year,  and has been out of town a lot.  This week he will be home, and I decided I should stay home and enjoy his company. (happy face)  It's also bitter cold outside, and I'm kinda looking forward to staying in.   So with retreating on my mind I have commeted to spending today and as much of the week-end down in the sewing room working on finishing my quilt that will hang in our quilt show this coming March 21, 22, 2015.  And on Monday President's Day will be back to work.  (again sad face)

Saturday 14, 2015 Valentine's Dinner Intermission: Mahi Mahi with mango sauce over jasmine rice.  My man loves to cook, and that works for me.

Mahi Mahi 

Pieced Back for Candy Corn/South of the Border
This is what I've got together for the back of Candy Corn/South of the Border quilt. I'm really liking how this is looking, maybe it should be a quilt of it's own?  Nah! Staying with the orignal plan.

So for now it's Sunday, and I have more piecing to do.

Happy piecing, Happy quilting,

Sheila

No comments:

Popular Posts